Home School Community Forums - Powered by Edu-Track

In these forums you can participate in discussions, ask questions, get answers, and share your experiences with other homeschoolers!
This is also "The Place" for all those using (or thinking of using!) the Edu-Track Home School software.
You may "Post" to any of the topic areas after first registering for a login & password using the "Register" link below.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BJU DVD program materials

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Edu-Track Home School Community Forum Index -> The Swap Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arrowseight
Level 1
Level 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: BJU DVD program materials Reply with quote

Hi,

This year I am using the BJU dvd program and have been supplied with all materials needed for 1st 4th 7th and 8th grade studies. next year I will again receive all new materials for the next year. If you are using BJU Homesat and need textbooks this would be beneficial for you because I will be able to provide all the non consumable materials that the teachers recommend.

So I have for sale in a year lightly used textbook and teachers editions for the above grades. The price will be 50% of list price.

The 7th and 8th grade curriculums include French 1 and Spanish 1 and Pre-Algebra instead of 7th grade math. They also include 9th grade Bible.

I am setting up a Paypal account to handle online transactions.

As an added bonus I have Set up and edutrack schedule which I will try to Upload to save you valuable time.
What a deal.

Though we obviously will not complete this transaction until next Summer, let me know if you are Interested.

Tricia P
arrowseight
Level 1
Level 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: BJU Materials Available Reply with quote

The curriculum is now available.

Email me for a complete list and price.

K5, 1st Grade, 4th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade BJU Teachers Guides and Textbooks. Most are in excellent, if not new condition. Specific condition of the books will be described in the email.

I would like to sell as a set the 1st an 4th grade books at 2/3 the listed price. For these I will pay shipping.

I also have available two pre-algebra sets, 1st year French, and 1st year Spanish.

Arrow
djung

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings.

I have three children using BJU HOMESAT and we tape every week. Occasionally, I miss even though I have two receivers and two dvr recorders.

Would you be interested in swapping a dvd occasionally? That is, if I miss you would send me the dvd and when you miss I would send you the dvd. Or if you don't ever miss I would send you $5 plus pay shipping for the dvd.

I currently have missed two classes this year...We are doing 4th Grade, 3rd Grade and 1st Grade this year with all children advanced in math by one year (5,4, 2 grades in Math).

4th Grade Bible Week 8
1st Grade Heritage Studies Week 9

Thanks for your consideration.

Derek Jung, Pastor

My wife is Sharon.
My children are...
Thomas (9), Sarah (Cool, Elizabeth (6), Ethan (3) and Micah (1).
arrowseight
Level 1
Level 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Sharing DVD's Reply with quote

Pastor Jung,

That sounds like an excellent solution but I don't think that it will work out. This year I have children in 5th and 2nd grades so I don't have many of the subjects you would need. Also, the penalty to me if I don't return the DVD's intact is $500 per subject per module and I'd just rather not take the risk.

I do understand your problem though as I have several acquaintances whom use HomeSat. Some of my friends do share locally their recordings. For example if the satellite dish gets filled with snow maybe their friend got a copy.

There is a group on Yahoo devoted specifically to HomeSat users and they may have a solution for you. You may also purchase makeup lessons for 14.95 per blockfeed from BJU. Perhaps your local Homeschool organization has others who use Homesat.

Another recourse for you since it seems to be only one subject that was missed would be to teach it yourself. My 4th grader last year loved it when I would teach him because it took less time and he could get on to something else.

I hope this has been some help.

Arrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Edu-Track Home School Community Forum Index -> The Swap Shop All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: