Home School Community Forums - Powered by Edu-Track

In these forums you can participate in discussions, ask questions, get answers, and share your experiences with other homeschoolers!
This is also "The Place" for all those using (or thinking of using!) the Edu-Track Home School software.
You may "Post" to any of the topic areas after first registering for a login & password using the "Register" link below.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Larger Lessons Window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Edu-Track Home School Community Forum Index -> Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katrina L

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Larger Lessons Window Reply with quote

It would be very helpful if there was a way to expand the lessons window without also increasing the font size.

At the moment, we are limited to a maximum of 15 entries viewed at a time. Having the ability to maximize the window, or at least be able to view a week's worth of entries at a time would seem like less of a waste of available space.

I know that the current suggestion is to change the screen resolution. I find this suggestion to be impractical for any computer that is capable of multitasking; nor does changing the resolution increase the quantity of entries viewed.

Are there any plans for improving this window in a future upgrade?
BrianR
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Expanding Lesson screen Reply with quote

You can do this without changing the screen resolution. Our knowledgebase support topic #136 gives the procedure to do this by clicking the "lesson expand" button:
http://www.contechsolutions.net/etkb/ethskb.php?q=expand+lesson.

--BrianR
Katrina L

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I do that. And it still only covers about 15 activities. . . And about 1/4 of my total screen. It would be really nice if the next upgrade would expand to a full screen size, for example.
BrianR
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Bigger Lesson Window Reply with quote

A "full screen" view is planned for the next release. By the way, have you tried clicking the Lesson Expand button twice? This button is a 3-way toggle when clicked.

--BrianR
Katrina L

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Brian, that's what I was hoping to hear.

To answer your question in full here's what I'm seeing:

When I first open the Lessons/Activities Window, I have a small window that shows seven lessons.

Clicking the expand button once reveals twelve lines (lessons).

Clicking a third time reveals a total of fifteen lessons.

I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions.

Katrina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Edu-Track Home School Community Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: