Home School Community Forums - Powered by Edu-Track

In these forums you can participate in discussions, ask questions, get answers, and share your experiences with other homeschoolers!
This is also "The Place" for all those using (or thinking of using!) the Edu-Track Home School software.
You may "Post" to any of the topic areas after first registering for a login & password using the "Register" link below.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balancing teaching, home and income

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Edu-Track Home School Community Forum Index -> The Single Parent Homeschooler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blesstindeed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Balancing teaching, home and income Reply with quote

I am a Single Mom of three children (11, 9 & 2y/o). This is our third year home-schooling, but I still find myself struggling at times. I'm sure there are others out there in my shoes... But I wonder: How do you balance teaching/learning time with household chores & other responsibilities as well as income? I often find that I'm excelling in one area, but the other two are usually lacking. I try to find a balance, but it tends to end up tipped in those proportions. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Confused
Jesus2ruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Anyone out there... Reply with quote

Hi
I am a single homeschool mom
visual: that little rubbery ball that you can stretch all the strings way out!!!!
yes, I know how you feel
Our sweet Jesus was the ONLY one who will ever be perfect!
one of the best things I have done is simply accept the fact that the dishes will still be there (if I have time) after I stop and snuggle with that whinny kid on the couch:)
arrowseight
Level 1
Level 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Help for busy Mom Reply with quote

Hi,

You sound like you have a lot on your plate. I have a suggestion to help you manage your problems but not get rid of them. There is a web-site called Flylady.net. You may have already heard of her.

She is such an encourager. Some of her favorite lines are, "You are not behind, jump in right where you are." "Any housework, even if done imperfectly, will bless your family."

You'll find that she will help you set up routines that will maximize the time you have with your kids, work, and home. One baby step at a time.

Tricia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Edu-Track Home School Community Forum Index -> The Single Parent Homeschooler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: